Please join us on Saturday 28th May at 3pm - 5pm for a brew and an informal discussion about education and the future of schools.
In 2021, Learner in Residence, Sarah Bailey had a series of conversations with ten teachers from a variety of educational and social contexts, located across England. Together the group explored their own experiences of education and discussed the following questions:
What is a school?
Who makes schools work? How do those people work together?
What is the role of a child in a school?
What is the connection between schools and communities?
A reflection of these conversations has been captured in a bespoke publication that takes the form of a textbook and is an invitation to the reader to be part of an ongoing conversation about education.
This event is the first in a series of conversations that we hope to have throughout 2022/23 with those who are interested in sharing their reflections and ideas about education and who would like to be part of an ongoing conversation with us about the future of schools.
To find out more about Textbook please visit: www.heartofglass.org/textbook
Textbook has been commissioned by Heart of Glass and supported using public funding by Arts Council England.
- Textbook - A conversation about schools is a free event
- It takes place online via Zoom. We will share the zoom meeting log in details with you closer to the event
- Please see and familiarise yourself with our Safe Spaces Policy here.
- The event will take place in English, Zoom closed captions will be available.
- If you have any questions about this event or access requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.