From West China, across ancient gardens of Afghanistan and Iran, over Roman and French orchards into the British landscape, the pear is the product of many cultures and countries.
In following its journey, we enter a discussion about who we think we are, how we have come to be, the boundaries we draw to create place and the complex relationship between place and personhood.
It could have been any food, any fruit, but here and now we choose the pear.
FEAST:PEAR is a pear dinner in six courses, with food inspired by different countries and cultures. This meal is part of a greater project, The Pear Project, which will see a long-term, North-West wide collaboration with artists, communities and organisations to plant pear orchards in this region. Through care and cultivation, these orchards will become a focal point of storytelling and performance as well as addressing the importance of growing food locally and the climate crisis.
Free, booking required
We aim to create safe, welcoming and accessible spaces for all. Access information for FEAST: PEAR:
- In a town centre location
- Wheelchair accessible, with flat access
- Nearest train station is St Helens Central (for trains to and from Liverpool/Manchester/Blackpool/Wigan)
- Nearest bus stop is St Helens Bus Station (for buses to Liverpool, Wigan and around St Helens)
- Nearest accessible parking at St Helens Town Hall (seven minute walk) and World of Glass (10 minute walk)
- Nearest taxi drop off is at St Mary's Market car park
- Gender neutral toilet available at The Book Stop
If you'd like to discuss your access needs, please get in touch.
Contact Anna on:
07529224271 (9.30am - 5.30pm)