Any opportunities which we currently have will be displayed here.
Non-Executive Director / Trustee – Heart of Glass
Heart of Glass is currently seeking accomplished and experienced individuals to join our Board of Trustees.
Founded through the Creative People and Places programme in 2014 and an Arts Council England’s National Portfolio Organisation from 1 April 2018, Heart of Glass has established itself as an agency for collaborative and social arts practice. Based in St Helens, Merseyside, it is the first organisation in England dedicated to the development and support of this practice across all art forms and leads on this with St Helens Council to support the Borough in its development as an international centre for collaborative and social arts practice.
With an internationally significant artistic programme, Heart of Glass is acknowledged as a leader in this field. The programme of events and commissions have brought international artists such as Mark Storor, Studio Morison, ANU Productions, Scottee and idle women to work with communities across the Borough, creating ambitious, radical and exciting art, whilst also nurturing and supporting local talent.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who can demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Legal – in particular contracting and leasing property law
- Structural Engineering – in reference to build requirements for public art structures
- Education – experience from across the sector from primary school through to higher education
- Policy and Disability Rights – experience and knowledge of working within this field
- International Artistic Practice – a practicing artist who is based outside of the north west and has significant European and International practice.
If you would like to apply for this position please send the following information:
- A covering letter that outlines why you would like to be a board member for Heart of Glass and that demonstrates your suitability for the position with reference to the role description and person specification (max 1000 words)
- Your current CV
- Details of two referees who would be contacted following interview
- A completed equality and diversity monitoring form.
Your application should be returned by email to Jade Beavon, Finance and Operations Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am on Friday 4th May 2018.
Interviews will take place during the weeks commencing 7th and 14th May 2018.
Successful individuals will be invited to attend the next board meeting, at 6pm on Wednesday 23rd May 2018, as an observer before a final decision is made on appointment.
If you have any queries about the application process or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please do not hesitate to email me. If you would like to find out more about Heart of Glass please visit our website.