We’re looking for a team of wonderful volunteers to support us during A Madlove Take Over during November 2019. Read on for more information and you’ll find an application form at the bottom of the page.
What is A Madlove Take Over?
Take Over is our annual festival that reimagines public spaces through art projects made with, for and about people in St Helens. This year we’ve invited artist and mental health activist the vacuum cleaner (aka James Leadbitter) to take over a vast empty shop and create a space for art, conversation and care, titled A Madlove Take Over. The festival venue is Unit 2, Hardshaw Centre, St Helens (the old Argos store) and will be open Tuesday – Saturday, 11am-6pm throughout the month of November. Read more about A Madlove Take Over here.
Why volunteer at A Madlove Take Over?
There are lots of benefits to volunteering with Heart of Glass! Here are a few of the big ones:
- Have loads of fun and feel part of a team
- Meet and chat to all kinds of new people
- Give something back to your local area
- Meet artists and learn about different pieces of artwork
- Get training in your role
- Gain experience and confidence in arts industry work
- A contribution towards your travel expenses
What can I do as a volunteer at this event?
We’re looking for people to support us in three different volunteer roles.
We want you to get the most out of your volunteer experience and so please let us know if there’s something else you’d like to try!
- Welcoming people into the space
- Offering and making cups of tea
- Introducing the space and what is available to experience that day
- Sharing information about upcoming events
- Having conversations and generally making people feel welcome
- Signposting toilets, seating, access support
- Maintaining the Madlove Take Over Space
- Looking after the plants
- Auditing the artworks – checking if there are any issues, making sure everything is working and looking good, reporting anything noted to the Lead Hosts
- Topping up materials, printing workshop sheets, making the space tidy and ready to receive guests
- Getting to know the space and the artworks in more detail
- Assisting on tours
- Assisting with workshop sessions and events
- Assisting guest groups and individuals with the set-up of their community open sessions
When? There will be 2 volunteer shifts per day, 11am-2.30pm and 2.30pm-6pm. We are flexible on how many shifts you would like to do over the month.
We will only ask you to help when you can and we’ll never ask you to do something you don’t want to do.
How do I apply to volunteer at A Madlove Take Over?
- Attend an optional volunteer information session at 10am on Thursday 17th October at our office. Reserve your free place here.
- Apply by completing this form.
- You’ll receive an acceptance email from us.
- Attend a volunteer training session, dates TBC.
- Enjoy volunteering with us.
- Thank you party! Join us for a celebration on Saturday 30th November, details TBC.
Apply now! You can find the application form here.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com with any questions or queries.
Image: Stephen King