Community members came together at Langtree Park on Tuesday (February 3rd) for the first meeting of ‘The Heart’.
Heart of Glass welcomed people from across the borough to apply to join the voluntary network and the inaugural meeting saw an excellent turn out as the group were given an introduction to the programme.
Members of the The Heart will now come together to develop exciting ideas for a new artwork using St.Helens unique heritage as a starting point. Through a series of meetings and workshops the group will commission an artist to work with them to develop a new collaborative work as part of the Heart of Glass programme.
Kat Dempsey, Lead Producer, said: “It was fantastic to meet such a passionate group of St Heleners at our inaugural meeting, who will now be joining the team as volunteers and working with us to commission a new artwork linked to St Helens Heritage. Great conversation flowed and the room was brimming with ideas, we’re looking forward to the next workshop on 17th February.”
There is still time to join The Heart.
What does it take to join the team?
- Pride in St Helens
- A commitment to Heart of Glass’s vision
- Enthusiasm and enjoy meeting people
- Interest in Arts and Culture
- Specific area of interest either St Helens Heritage
How will I be recognised as a panel member?
All panel members will be enrolled into the Heart of Glass volunteering programme.
Volunteers will receive:
- Induction and training
- Support from the Heart of Glass team
- Food and travel expenses to meetings
- 2 free tickets for Heart of Glass events per year
- Opportunities to go on trips to other arts events through our Get Out! programme
- Heart of Glass branded kit
- Volunteer social events
- Letter of reference (if required)
How do I apply to become a panel member?
Please get in touch with Laura Swithenbank, Programme Research Assistant, 01744 455087, firstname.lastname@example.org