This first workshop will take a practical look at how to develop, manage and successfully realise projects of different scales and durations.
Tuesday 13th November 10:00 am — 4:00 pm
Heart of Glass
Planning your project is the first workshop in a series of six practical artist professional development sessions for artists working within socially engaged practice, hosted by Heart of Glass in collaboration with Mark Devereux Projects. The sessions will take place in St Helens between November 2018 and April 2019. Find out more about this programme and Mark Devereux Projects here.
Planning your project takes a practical look at how to develop, manage and successfully realise projects of different scales and durations. The workshop will highlight the journey from developing the seed idea, through to realising the project and its resulting legacies. Providing an in-sight into the challenges artists can face when managing projects, this session will equip you with tools and techniques to encourage success. The session will also look at how you can formulate a longer-term career plan to support future developments and growth within your practice.
- Each workshop will be tailored to the participating artists’ key questions and concerns; providing information, advice and guidance alongside open discussions and peer-to-peer sharing.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Workshop lunches will be hosted by a different member of the Heart of Glass staff/associate artist team to provide informal networking opportunities and access to staff expertise where relevant.
- Whilst primarily aimed at artists working within socially engaged practice, artists working within other mediums are also welcome.
- Sessions can be booked individually or as a whole programme at a discounted rate.
Heart of Glass, Old Beecham’s Building, Water Street, St Helens, WA10 1PP
10am – 4pm
Individual sessions: £25 per session (£10 concession for students, senior citizens and St Helens based artists) All 6 sessions: £135 (£54 conc.)
Heart of Glass is proud to be based in St Helens and is keen to support the development of artists living and working in the St Helens Borough. All artists with a St Helens postcode are eligible for a concessionary ticket rate.
If you require access support to attend a workshop please be in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01744 623290 so we can arrange this for you.
We are now delighted to offer a limited number of travel bursaries (up to £50 per individual, per session) to support attendance. Bursaries may be used to contribute towards the cost of travel and/or childcare costs. All artists attending (including those who have already booked tickets) are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to those who would otherwise be unable to attend. Those wishing to apply for a travel bursary should send the following information by email to email@example.com no later than Thursday 8th November 2018:
- Amount applied for (up to £50 per individual, per session)
- Brief explanation (200 words max) of how the bursary will support attendance
- Breakdown of costs
Travel bursaries will be paid after attendance, and on receipt of proof of expenditure.