New Young People led Arts Commission
We’re delighted to create this commission opportunity for Artists to work with a group of young people to realise a new project in St.Helens. We are working with FACT (Foundation for Art + Creative Technology) and Helena Housing’s Make It Happen programme to produce a piece of public art work in collaboration with a group of young people in St Helens. The young people’s group is already formed and they have been working on the project for the past couple of months. They currently meet fortnightly on a Thursday evening in St Helens.
The aim of the project is to collaborate with young people to produce an artwork (or several art works) that will manifest in a yet to be determined location (possibly indoors, but could be public space)
The project should:
- provide the opportunity to learn new skills
- create high quality art work to budget and time
- provide a high quality artistic and inspiring experience for young people involved.
Requirements of Artist:
- Artist needs to have strong experience of working collaboratively with community groups/young people
- To have a practice that is digitally or technology focused.
- To be available for fortnightly afternoon/evening sessions during June – August 2015.
- Late May – Appoint artist and confirm project outline
- Late May – Meet with all partners & staff & commence project
- Early June – Workshops process
- June/ July – Production of work
- Late August– Launch of work
We envisage the project break down as follows:
£4500 – approx. 25 days at £180 (Planning, YP Workshops – Up to 10 two-hour sessions, production of art work and launch event – inclusive of travel)
There is a production budget of £2000 available.
If you are an artist interested in leading this project then please send your CV along with samples of your work / website to Louise Latter via:
The deadline for submission is 3pm Thursday 14 May 2015
About Our Partners
FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) is the UK’s leading media arts centre, based in Liverpool, offering a unique programme of exhibitions, film and participant-led art projects. This project is being led by FACT’s young people’s programme, Freehand. For more information about FACT and Freehand please visit www.fact.co.uk
The Make it Happen project was launched in April 2012 following a successful funding bid by Helena Housing to Reaching Communities, part of the Big Lottery Fund. Now in Year 3, the project seeks to engage local young people in opportunities in Thatto Heath, Four Acre, Parr and Fingerpost.For more information about Helena Housing Group and Make It Happen, please visit: